The combined Village and County ordinances impose the following restrictions on open burning of yard waste:
- Open burning only on Saturdays between dawn and dusk in October and November, then again in April and May
- Burning of landscape waste is prohibited within 100 feet of a habitable structure or within 50 feet of a structure that is not habitable. (Garage, shed, barn, swimming pool, etc.)
- All open burning must be supervised by an individual at least 18 years of age until the fire is extinguished.
- A fire extinguisher or garden hose or water source must be available at the burning site
- Landscape waste is defined as grass clippings, shrubbery, cuttings, leaves, flowers and weeds. Recreational fires, for warmth or cooking are allowed any day of the year with the following restrictions: The fire shall be no larger than 3 feet by 3 feet by 3 feet and shall be brush only (no leaves, grass, shrubbery clippings, weeds or furniture). Brush is defined as tree trunks, limbs, branches and twigs.