How do I?

Golf carts with Village Sticker are allowed on roads inside Village limits. No ATV are allowed on Village streets. In order to obtain a sticker, the golf cart must pass inspection.

Yes, stickers are required for all vehicles, trucks and golf carts. They are required to be on the windshield as of September 1. The stickers are available at the Village Hall from June 1 to August 31 during Village Hall hours.

Please call the Village of Holiday HIlls Police Department direct at 815(385-2828). If no one is there to answer your call immediately, please leave your message on Voice Mail. Your message is very important to us and will be answered promptly as soon as an Officer is available.

If your roadside mailbox is damaged as a result of snow plowing, the village will replace it only if damaged directly by a village/Nunda owned and operated snowplow. If the damage was caused by the windrow (wall of flying snow) hurled by a passing plow, the village will not repair or replace it. It should be able to withstand the force, weight, and sweep of snow flung by the passing plow. Replacement of mailboxes damaged as a result of being struck by a village/Nunda plow will be with a standard unit set on a Weather treated 4X4 wooden post. Please bear in mind, however that since the village/Nunda crews are often frequently committed to several consecutive days of plowing and salting, downed mailboxes cannot be replaced immediately. In that case you will have to pick up your mail at the post office until your box is back in place.

Please fill out the House Watch form and return to the Holiday Hills Police Department.

Water service is provided by Prairie Path Water. They can be contacted at :

(800) 831-2359

Our Customer Service agents would be pleased to serve you
M-F, 8 AM to 5 PM Central.


(800) 831-2359

24 Hrs – 365 Days a Year

The combined Village and County ordinances impose the following restrictions on open burning of yard waste:

  • Open burning only on Saturdays between dawn and dusk in October and November, then again in April and May
  • Burning of landscape waste is prohibited within 100 feet of a habitable structure or within 50 feet of a structure that is not habitable. (Garage, shed, barn, swimming pool, etc.)
  • All open burning must be supervised by an individual at least 18 years of age until the fire is extinguished.
  • A fire extinguisher or garden hose or water source must be available at the burning site
  • Landscape waste is defined as grass clippings, shrubbery, cuttings, leaves, flowers and weeds. Recreational fires, for warmth or cooking are allowed any day of the year with the following restrictions: The fire shall be no larger than 3 feet by 3 feet by 3 feet and shall be brush only (no leaves, grass, shrubbery clippings, weeds or furniture). Brush is defined as tree trunks, limbs, branches and twigs.

The Village has contracted with LRS for landscape waste pick up service. You must contact LRS to take advantage of this service. LRS contact info: and 844.need.lrs

Most construction requires a Building Permit. Before at permit can be issued, The homeowner must contact Stormwater Management to see if the residence is in Floodplain. Stormwater will then contact the Village Building Department and homeowner with Approval. At that point, the homeowner can apply for a Village Building permit. Contact the Building Department page of the Holiday Hills website.

All requests for public documents shall be made in writing and directed to a FOIA officer at Please use the form found here.

Garbage Services: LRS manages waste removal in the Village of Holiday Hills. The pick up day is Monday, and all refuse and recyclables should be at the curb by 6AM. The following holidays are scheduled and pickup will be on the next day: New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day. . LRS contact info: and 844.need.lrs