Download, Save, or Print info as: PDF or Microsoft Word Document
WELCOME TO the VILLAGE OF HOLIDAY HILLS
Village meetings are held at 1304 sunset (Village Hall) generally the third Wednesday night each month. Please come and participate. Meetings start at 7pm sharp.
As a resident of Holiday Hills, Illinois, there are some things you should be made aware of that are required and some things that are useful to know. Nothing in the list below over-rides or null and voids the actual state laws or local ordinances. The information listed below is for informational purposes only.
The village maintains this website to pass on information to its residents. The Village’s Local Ordinances are also posted here.
- Trash/refuse/recycling pickup is mandatory from a designated trash recycling company that is contracted by the Village. No other trash contractor is authorized to pick up trash in the Village. Contact LRS – Lakeshore Recycle Services (not the Village Hall) at LRSRECYCLES.COM or 844.NEED.LRS to arrange service, which is mandatory.
- Village Vehicle Stickers are required (with few exceptions) on all motor vehicles kept, stored or registered in the village. See Village Hall or local ordinances on web page for details.
- All streets within the Village, with the exception of River Road, has a maximum speed limit of 20 miles per hour which is enforced.
- This is a Golf Cart Community. This means that authorized and registered golf carts are allowed on certain streets within the Village. They must obey all of the regular state traffic regulations and local Village & County Ordinances. These include but are not limited to:
- Registered and bearing a current Village Vehicle sticker.
- Proper mandated equipment such as lighting, brakes, emergency slow moving vehicle placard
- Current and active vehicle insurance for the golf cart and valid drivers license.
- Drivers have to be at least 18 years of age and, any other requirements that may be needed.
- Fishing/Boating: Fishing or boat launching is allowed within the Village corporate limits only for actual residents or resident’s authorized friends.
- These activities are allowed only on property that you are authorized to be on or utilize. Trespassing on private property is not authorized.
- A valid Illinois fishing license is required for fishing.
- Hunting is not allowed except on any established gun/hunt club and then only with the permission of the club.
- Paintball, air soft, BB Gun, or firearm discharging is not allowed within the corporate limits except where may be authorized by an authorized/established gun/hunt/paintball club.
- Before building, constructing, altering or remodeling any structure(s), land or property contact the Village’s Building Inspector at the Village Hall for any permit requirements or restrictions.
- All lots within the Village need to be maintained, including the grass/weeds cut and maintained on a regular basis and this includes the ditch areas. Property will be maintained, no junk, debris or trash will be allowed to accumulate in an unsightly fashion.
- No parking on streets after 2 inches of snowfall
- Sandbags: During flooding, the Village provides sandbags for residents use and a pile of sand, usually placed at the Village Hall for details.
The Village has a private company that operates its water company named Prairie Path Water Company which can be contacted at the below info for water service.
Prairie Path Water Company
PO Box 160609
Altamonte Springs FL 32716-0609
Customer Service: 800-831-2359